MEET THE TEAM
Shani Sieberhagen is a Senior Associate in our Dispute Resolution Department. We asked Shani a few questions to get to know her a bit better:
WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST JOB?
I was 16 and I was a sales assistant at a boutique shop owned by a friend’s mother.
WHAT WAS THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU EVER RECEIVED?
To never take anything personally in this industry.
IF YOU COULD DO ONLY ONE THING TO FIX SA, WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
Our country’s education system. If everyone gets equal access to proper education, it will fix a lot of our country’s other problems.
WHAT PHRASE/CORPORATE JARGON IRRITATES YOU MOST?
“Work hard, play hard”.
WHAT DO YOU DO TO UNWIND/GET AWAY FROM THE STRESS OF WORK?
I train 5 to 6 times a week in the morning before my day starts. That way, I start my day relaxed and energised at the same time. I also try to golf over weekends, but that probably only adds to the stress.
– DOG OR CAT PERSON? Dog person.
– ITEM TICKED OFF YOUR BUCKET LIST: Hot air balloon ride.
– ITEM STILL ON YOUR BUCKET LIST: Skydiving.
– FAVOURITE HOLIDAY DESTINATION: Hermanus, Western Cape.
– 3 WORDS YOUR COLLEAGUES WOULD USE TO DESCRIBE YOU: I should probably ask them, but I would say “efficient”, “diligent” and “energetic”.